Here 52 interesting cat facts are given which highly attract you and will make you sure to know something unknown:-
- Cat is one of the most laziest animals in the world.They are fond of eating by stolen.
- If you find your cat rolling on it’s back, you will have to understand that it believes you.
- You can find a cat kneading it’s paw when it becomes jolly.
- A adult cat running speed up to 49 km per hour but they can not hold it for long time.
- Cat is one kind of symbol of affection which can inspire a person.
- Female cats may be better mousers than male cats.
- Every year, almost four million cats are eaten by Asian people.
- Cats generally use their tail’s in order to maintain their balance.
- Sometimes cats can drink sea water because their kidneys have the ability to filter out salt and use the water content strongly.
- Cats become bored quickly to play with the same toys everyday.They become very joyous if their toys are changed frequently.
- The crying sound of a cat is similar to the crying sound of a human child.
- When cats meet each other they salute one another by touching their noses together.
- you can see moist paw prints in the summer season because cats only sweat through their paws.
- Adult cats use meow only to communicate with human.
- A cat can create more than 100 different vocal sounds.
- Adult cat can not digest cows milk.
- Cats can taste everything except sweet.
- A cat is able to jump approximately 5-7 times higher than their own height.
- Black cats are considered as bad luck in the United States, but they are the symbol of good luck in the United Kingdom and Australia
- The most expensive cat is “Little Nicky” that is the first commercially cloned pet.The owner had to cost $50,000 for making him.
Interesting cat facts–according to research
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records 48.5 inches long (123 cm), a gray tabby Maine Coon whose full name is Mymains Stewart Gilligan holds the record for world’s longest domestic cat.
- In according to the research of the scientists,owning of a cat helps a man to relieve mental stress, decrease high blood pressure and reduce heart attack rate by 1/3rd.
- In accordance with the pet specialist Cats are the most popular pets all over the USA.
- You can find at least 1 cat in 30-37% of American homes and this number is 74-96 million which is more than pet dogs.
- In an annual survey report of USA it is found that every year nearly 35000-40000 people are bitten by cat.
- According to the report of 2016, International Progressive Cat Breeders Alliance ( IPCBA ) has recognized 73 cat’s breed all over the world.
Interesting cat facts–about their body
- Kittens bodies release a growth hormone only when they are asleep.That’s why they sleep a lot.
- A cat possesses 32 muscles in it’s each ear and it can rotate it’s ears individually up to 180 degrees
- A cat’s brain is 90% similar to a human and it’s blood groups is AB which is also similar to a human.
- Most of the domestic cats average lifespan is 14 to 20 years.In some extreme cases they live for 30 years but outdoor cats are about 3 to 5 years.
- A cat generally spend 2/3rd of it’s life by sleeping which means that a 15 years old cat awake for only 5 years.
- Cats are color-blind but in some recent research it has shown that cats can see some colors.
- Cats can see at low light levels but can not see in complete darkness
- Cat’s sense of smell is nearly 14 times greater than human.
- In accordance with medical science human have 206 bones where as the a cat has 230 bones.
- Cats’ hearts beat almost twice of a humans which at a speed of 110-140 beats per minute.
- There are 16 teethes at the top and another 14 teethes are at the bottom of an adult cat.
- Cat can see six times better than the human in the darkness.
- Cats have 18 fingers, 5 on each front paw and 4 on each back paw.
- A cat’s hearing is more sensitive and it has longer-term memory than human.
- Every female cat gives birth to 420 kittens on average in her lifetime.
- Female cat carries her kittens for about 8-9 weeks in pregnancy period. Really it is interesting cat facts.
Interesting cat facts–based on history
- killing a cat was a punishable crime in ancient Egypt.
- There over 300,000 cat mummies were found in one ancient Egyptian city Where you will find placing embalmed mice at the tombs of the mummies.
- Cats have been connected with human for almost 10,000 years.
- A British man, Mr. Harrison organised the first official cat show in UK at Crystal Palace in July 13, 1871.
- Nearly 160 cats were shown at the first official cat show.
- Many pet researchers said that Egyptian Mao is the the oldest domestic cat breed in the world though there are a lot of controversy on this topic.
- Abraham Lincoln liked cat very much and as a token of it he used to keep four cats with him when he was in the White House.
- Towser cat is known as the World’s Best Mouser and the most famous cat in Scotland.
- Each Towser cat caught nearly 30,000 mice in it’s lifetime.
- As a token of Towser’s outstanding achievement the Scots have built a memorial tower.
I have presented these funny and interesting cat facts about cat which i knew.Some of my cat loving friends gave me some information about cat which have been included in this article. If you Have any interesting fact about your own cat. Please share with us by commenting below and let us know.
“interesting cat facts” – Written by Nirob